Trail jogging (Earl's M75 Time Trial) 41:28  3.32 mi (12:29 / mi)
shoes: Saucony Triumph 150
Overcast, low 50s. Shorts, long sleeves.
Started thinking that if I didn't get lost, that I had a good chance for 3rd place. To help with the former, ran with a map. According to the official rules, the following time adjustments applied:
- did not get lost ... 3 minute bonus for going the correct way.
- had to slow down to look at map to not get lost ... 1 min bonus per mile.
- needing a map in the first place ... 3 minute penalty.
- delays to avoid Mt Bikers ... bonus 90 secs per posse, total 2 posses.
- 2 minute penalty for every age class below M75.
Let me see, that gives me a bonus of 3 + 3X1 - 3 + 2X1.5 - 2X3 = 0 ... phooey.
OTOH, since somebody else's time is still bogus, I think I may be sitting in 2nd place.
Edit: Gak, seems the official record was lowered earlier today. Figures. Crikey M75 is tough to qualify for.