Shame to miss the last in the series, but got a bit screwed over by work and achilles still not right. But it is improving, if only slowly.
For reference, things to do are:
- seated foot raises (often)
- single leg flat surface calf drops (3x 15 twice a day, straight and bent leg)
- no eccentric heel drops this time as it seems to be 'insertional' rather than the other kind
- light calf/achilles/hamstring stretching
- foam rolling and achilles massage
- light exercise is OK, but non-weight bearing if possible
And if it happens again... pay way more attention to any calf/achilles niggles/tightness, especially if new exercises/shoes are involved. Go all in on the rest and ice straight away.