Running race 41:31  8.65 km (4:48 / km) +129m 4:28 / km
ahr:151 max:160 shoes: Saucony Kinvara 2013
Halifax UKOL urban race.
5th M45, but only 17secs from the win.....
9th on the course with the first three places taken by two M50s then Jase about 35secs ahead of me.
Patchy performance, all pretty straightforward but not really well enough warmed up at the start (ten mins jog after a more than four hour drive.....), then iffy flow throughout and minor time losses in quite a few places
- 20s at #3 when I could not see the flag hidden in the hedge, showed discipline by stopping and checking map/description....however description didn't specify which side of path so that didn't help!
- 20/30s at #6 when I tried to pick up the pace and failed to spot my route had a dead end, had to do extra distance
- 10s at underpass/road crossing where I got a bit confused by the fact the road was in bounds and the underpass not mentioned on the descriptions, had assumed that the underpass in the final details was a compulsory one.
- 10s leaving #16, correctly went eastern route but overshot the turn to the south early in the leg.
- 5/10s almost reversing my route into the last control to get to the finish, spotted just in time that there was an earlier left turn that I had just run past.....
So not so great. Could probably have got away with all those mistakes on running speed if I hadn't put 4kg back on post-marathon.....