NorwottuckNorth, a 5.3k course by Phil
Well, was nice to run in the woods, guess there is a clear idea that the map isn't totally accurate... legs were pretty tired, but good tired, not might-injure-self tired, so still fun to run. The woods are delightfully runnable on the N side of the ridge actually (don't think it's just post-Féclaz bias!), will be awesome if we map it better!
***Technique mishaps that can't be blamed on the map:
1) I intended to go the non-trail route, because I'd basically done that leg before on the trails. All was going well, but then I took a massive bend a the end- looks like it might have been intentional, to avoid green, but it wasn't!! So I was pushed by both hill/green, I think, and wasn't super aware of being pushed at the time.
4) Unintentional bend again. Plan: come over nose, stay flat, count vague reentrants, find one in green. Execution: come over nose too high, staying flat = going in the wrong direction! hit trail...
10) Started off right, then dragged down hill as I sped up, maybe got distracted by other lumps off to the right. The third getting dragged of the evening!!!
***And then things that were maybe just map being out/not having controls:
5) Ooh, went straight to, then didn't see rock below me, investigated else where. Tricky little rock!
6) Who knows with the map in this area, might have stopped too low?
9) According to Garmin, I was pretty much at the right cliff, but much is unmapped there, so hard to tell...
11) Sure, ok, path route is almost certainly quicker, but I'm pretty sure boulder isn't in the right place, the nice pretty one close to the trail which I found is too close and not enough contours away...
And pizza afterwards at Sibie's, Phil did his best to gross us all out, ended with us getting devoured by mosquitos...