Orienteering race 52:31*** 3.37 km (15:34 / km) +160m12:35 / km ahr:145 max:161 15c
Westchester County Challenge. Day 1 at Westmoreland Sanctuary
Sunny and warm (hot !). 80s.
One of my better efforts. I don't think I lost more than 30 seconds on any one control.
1. Straight at it.
2. Straight, trying to avoid dropping down in the big re-entrant.
3. A little to the right to avoid some climb.
4, 5, 6. Straight.
7. To the trail, to the stone walls.
8, 9, 10, 11, 12. Straight to all. I found it easy to stay in contact with the map.
13. A little left to avoid the worst of the barberry. The stone walls helped.
14. South to the trail to the bend. West on the contour for a ways and then angled down to the trail.
15 and Finish. Walked slowly up the hill.