Guardamar night-o (no kites) - my plan was to navigate on a straight line and slow down when approaching to the circle, having some features to pass along.
Going very slow and maybe trying to read too much all the contours so got confused at many points, maybe I need some flags to boost my confidence or change my strategy. Pretty sure I did 'freetouch' on #2, #5, #7 and #10. Fell in a hole including a smooth sprain in my ankle and the light was going low so decided to finish. Meh.Map
- Okey to #1 although was going very slow and trying to read every feature.
- Terrible compass to #2 and just made features match, Realised I was wrong when leaving up the hill.
- 3: Using the contours to navigate I have more confidence.
- 5: bad exiting #4 and things did not match after the hill then decided to continue until I had reached the next hill but realised I was not south enough
- 6:I really thought I was on the right place, open and hill just matched, but then when I hit the path fter 7 things did not match. Though it was only 7 that I was wrong, but it was both.
8: compass error, and hit southern than I intended, features helped me progress.
9: light was going on low mode, fell down and thought I had reached the end of the hill.
10: realised I was on the small deppression so headed north to check if there was the extra one (for my control).
- Light was going lower mode so decided to come back.
No kites make me unsure. Night orienteering is trickier as you don't see as much in distance.
- Check twice my compass when exiting the controls, I tend to go somewhere else (too north/south, etc).
- Dunes at night seem very similar, maybe the straight line is too difficult for me, try to use other techniques to navigate: aiming of, using a rail of features to navigate (maybe closer to eahc other, use the big hills, go aside them..).