orienteering race 2:00:06  *** 11.97 km (10:02 / km) +420m 8:32 / km
31c shoes: X-talon
Saturday Classic. Didn't make any major terrible mistakes, but I'm definitely less in orienteering shape than I thought I was. Ugh.
A quick analysis:
1-5. Some hesitation but overall a good start
6. lmao here we go. Parallel errored this control pretty good. Got off course probably in the green and ended up in the creek north of 6. Corrected after about 30-45s of matching things up and had to climb back up the saddle and down into the reentrant to hit 6. In total probably 3 minutes lost.
7, 8. Very slow but accurate
9. Parallel errored in the northern reentrant, caught the mistake quickly and corrected to result in maybe a minute worth of lost time, at most.
11. I am dumb and need to use my compass better in the green. 1 min here for drifting a bunch.
14. idk if I made the right route choice. there was so much climb. but it also looks like there was no way to not have to climb a bunch so that's that.
15. Lol this was a disaster. Got confused about halfway in, thought I was further than I actually was and started to 180, realized that my compass was off and corrected. Lots of confusion and slowly trying to reorient. 2 min lost at least.
22. Little bit of hesitation entering the circle, maybe 10-15s
24. The green always kills me. Got off track, too much east I think. Found the knoll and got back on track. Probs 2 min lost here.
25-end. Pretty alright
Estimated time lost: 9:15
Takeaway: Need to use compass more in green spots. Also I shoulda run red, this was exhausting.