DVOA French Creek State Park Central
Elverson, PA, US
Aug 2, 2020
Type: Orienteering - Local
added by: ken
6 choices of event - from 2.5 km up to 8 km, and easy to advanced navigation.
Changes vs. pre-Covid events:
Pre-registration via EventReg
- In the arena - wear a mask, and plan to stay 2 meters away from others - around registration, start, or download.
- On the course - mask optional, bring your own water, and don't loiter at the controls (step away to study the next leg.)
is open. On-site registration may not be available (under-discussion) - so please pre-register
to ensure your entry.
Control markers will be set up with SI Air enabled.
Consider buying an SI Air from sportident.us
to maximize your social distancing at controls, start & finish - order soon, so it arrives before August 2nd.
Or email the Event Director
to let you'd to like to buy a personal (non-Air) epunch, sold by DVOA at cost ($40) and we can have that pre-bagged for you at the start.
Or, loaner epunches are still available, and included in your entry - if you don't list your own SI epunch number on the entry form.
- Early -We are offering a 9am - 10:30am start window for people who feel they are at higher risk around others.
- Normal - If you feel you are at lower risk, please wait until 10:30am to arrive (you'll have until 1:30pm to start, and until 3pm to finish.)
- On-your-own - If you'd like to avoid the main event, you may also register for Orange/Brown/Green or Red - and in notes let us know you'd like us to email you a PDF - and you can print that and go as a training - streamers for the controls on these courses will be up after the event for 2 weeks.
- There will be NO water stops, cups or snacks provided on the course, or at Start/Finish - Bring your own water.
- Start/Finish area is 300m from two different sets of park bathrooms & sinks.
- Yellow & Orange competitors will pass by other park restrooms/sinks on course.
- Green & Red competitors may consider stashing water from themselves on the side of Harmonyville Road here
Terrain & Course Notes
- White - Beginner course stays on trails and park roads, just south of Hopewell Lake.
- On Yellow, the trail near 1, 2, 3 and 4 is overgrown, so there will be some Orange streamers along the trail to make it easier to follow.
- Yellow & Orange - courses go around the Lake.
- Advanced courses
- will include a mix of some still nice woods, and various trail route-choice options that avoid the worst of the summer vegetation.
You can also print your own control descriptions
if you'd like.