Durham, NC, US
Mar 22, 2020
Next entry deadline: Mar 20, 2020
Type: Orienteering - Local
added by: Gheorghe Fala
Start any time between noon and 2:00. Make sure that you report back to the finish by 3:00, because we will begin clearing the courses at that time.
Please note that registrations received after 8:00 AM on Saturday, March 21 cannot be guaranteed a map.
All courses will have a remote start and a remote finish. You must return to the check-in area after completing your course.
Because of the health risks associated with large gatherings of people, we are taking the following precautions for our March 22 event at Eno River.
0. We are limiting the total number of participants to 50. Current CDC guidelines limit gatherings to 50 people. Our limit of 50 is much more stringent than this, because there are typically never more than a handful of people in close proximity during an event. We anticipate that it will be possible to participate in this event without coming within 6 feet of another human.
1. We will not be offering a white (beginner) or yellow (intermediate) course. This will eliminate the need for a group class, as well as eliminating germ transmission from fingerstick and compass rentals.
2. We will not be renting fingersticks. All competitors must either bring their own fingerstick or be comfortable participating in the event without one.
3. There will be no in-person registration, and thus no registration cards to fill out at the event. Everyone competing must be pre-registered online.
4. At the event, maps will be placed in separate stacks for each course, and you will take your own map from the appropriate stack. We will not supply plastic map covers. If you need one, you will need to bring your own.
These precautions represent BOK’s first step in minimizing the spread of the novel coronavirus. Additional precautions may be implemented at future events as conditions warrant. These precautions will be specified in a future post on this website
Advanced orienteers are welcome to our event at Eno River State Park on Sunday, March 22. Check-in at the Fews Ford shelter, just west of the loop parking lot at the end of Cole Mill Road. (GPS coordinates = 36.073616, -79.007005). Because parking can be extremely limited, please observe these two guideline. First, try to carpool if it is at all possible. Second, do not park in the loop parking lot. Instead, just before getting to the parking lot, turn left (look for the BOK sign) and follow the park’s service road for approximately 200 meters. Turn around on this road (busses can use the turn-around loop), and then park on the right (south) shoulder. See the Figure below for a map of the parking and registration area
Event Director: David Waller
Sign in to add this to your calendar
|Jan 26, 2020||BOK Umstead South|
|Feb 15, 2020||Winter Wildcat 10 Hour Rogaine|
|Feb 16, 2020||BOK Raven Rock State Park|
|Feb 23, 2020||BOK Umstead North|
|Mar 1, 2020||BOK Carolina North|
|Mar 28, 2020||Little Raccoongaine - CANCELLED|
|Mar 29, 2020||Raccoongaine - CANCELLED|
|Apr 3–5, 2020||Flying Pig XXIV / 2020 USA Nationals - POSTPONED|
|May 10, 2020||BOK Carolina North Forest|