Register | Login
Attackpoint - performance and training tools for orienteering athletes

Discussion: 80 pages, 40 interviews

in: barb; barb > 2009-04-16

Apr 18, 2009 2:24 AM # 
Holy crap, Barb!! And that's while you were starting your vegetable garden, adopting chickens, working, raising kids, planning orienteering events for schools, and a bunch of stuff I know nothing about. I don't think most of us could accomplish in a lifetime what you do in an average month. No wonder you haven't found time to train for the rogaine!!!! (Uh, not that I really want you to train for that one...)
Apr 18, 2009 2:49 AM # 
Oh, she's training. Remember, a rogaine is 90% mental, and she's got that part nailed. The other 10% will get taken care of in the next 4 weeks, and if not, you can always do it on memory.
Apr 18, 2009 3:57 AM # 
I noticed that her rogaine partner has also been following a non-standard training strategy. And I'll admit right now that I'm quaking in my Salomon XA Pros.

The one point in our team's favour is that we have actually *entered* the rogaine, which should give us a leg up on the competitors who haven't.
Apr 18, 2009 8:11 AM # 
Ooo, some mild trash talk - bring it on!
Apr 20, 2009 12:47 PM # 
I've brought it all the way to Boston! But I won't be able to deliver it in person with the streets so crowded today.
Apr 20, 2009 11:41 PM # 
Aw, man! I have fallen off the AP habit and didn't realize you were going to be in Boston! That's so cool! I root for you in hindsight. I want you to know I was actually *napping* while all you people were running up heartbreak hill. Gettin in the Z's NOW so I can go without sleep during the rogaine. You see I now have the sleep advantage! So I will win!
How much longer will you be in Boston? Are you already gone?
Now, remember that big flap in the press about Michelle Obama touching the regent of a foreign country in the wrong way? Well, you are creating your own international incident of like kind. Don't you know it's impolite to touch the American President with your hook appendage? And what's with fondling Michelle's hair?
Apr 20, 2009 11:49 PM # 
See, she's got things totally under control.
Apr 21, 2009 1:42 AM # 
:-) I'm a huge Obama fan - what can I say? I tried to qualify to run Boston in December, but failed miserably. So today I just drank Starbucks dark roast and took photos while 'Bent ran. But we both got to eat at wonderful restaurants, and that was the real reason for coming. Wow, if I lived in Boston, I would probably weigh 2G. I don't know how you stay so slim! We are leaving first thing in the morning for the looong drive home. It looks like you've got some great O terrain close to town - we loved that part of the drive, except for the slow toll booth.
Apr 21, 2009 2:36 AM # 
Have a safe trip!

This discussion thread is closed.