My fellow club officers and I face a difficult decision concerning the Python for '21. But because we value your time, we are not going to drag this out. We understand the difficulty involved in making plans to attend an event (especially with the multiple conflicts associated with that weekend as well as continued COVID.)
One thing that would help us is if we could hear from the 'nearly committed' --meaning, you think you are 75% or more likely to register for the Python but you just haven't quite made the final leap to actually registering (OR) you thought about our event for '21, but just can't commit to us this year. Either piece of information is helpful.
If you don't want to respond here, feel free to hit me up at howard@NEOOC.com.
Howard Montgomery, NEOOC President
While I love the idea of the Python, and would come if possible, I am committed to directing a large OCIN JRIOTC event that date.
I very much enjoyed my two times at the Python (high quality O maps
FTW) and would probably have come again this year, were it not for the conflict with the New England O-champs.
I've already registered for the event, and I'm hoping that you have enough people signed up that you will actually be able to hold it. If you should decide to cancel the event, please let people know soon enough so that it might still be possible to make arrangements to go off to the New England Champs on that weekend--I strongly prefer the rogaine format, but having already been planning on some orienteering for that weekend, that seems like my next best option!
James Bond already reserved the limo that will pick him up at the farm corn maze and drive him to the finish, and he will exit from the limo wearing a tuxedo, walk to the finish and punch in the SI card for the final time.
" and your name is...."
"Bond. James Bond"
I would love to participate in this another year, but this year I am doing the Stockville the same weekend.
Thank you all. Your comments have helped.
I have a team of three that is 92.75% committed. We haven't registered just yet but will do so in the next week-ish. We had considered the Stockville but the one day format fit a couple teammates schedule better at the moment so Python it is!