We had a small event yesterday (score) where multiple sticks (5,8,10,11)were used. I used SI Droid event coupled with the SI Mini Reader for downloads. All stations were updated (time) prior to the event. All results displayed from sticks 8 and higher were correct. SI-5 sticks all displayed a 12 hour + timing error. I deleted the read outs and tried downloading with a different station BSF7, same error. If you have run into this problem before and have a solution I am all ears.
SI-5s only store time in a 12hr format. It is up to the timing software to interpret that correctly. Try other software and send some bug reports.
I ran into a problem somewhat like this several years ago. In that case the issue was that the time on one of the control boxes was about 4 hours off, so to avoid negative splits the software added 24 hours to the newer sticks and 12 hours to the SI-5s. I fixed the results by manually adding bonus points to eliminate the extra penalty - it was a score-o and that seemed like the simplest solution. This was with the basic SI software running on a computer.
You said that all the stations were time-synced beforehand, but you might want to check to be sure. In my case the problem was very obvious in the splits so you could just scan those instead of having to check all the stations.
According to BOK set-up page, you need to set a Zero time in Settings to accommodate your SI-5 cards which only record in 12 hour format, as Ed pointed out.
I believe you will see this error when the Zero time is set to 0, and you have people starting before Noon and finishing after Noon. Or maybe it is when they start and finish after noon. https://backwoodsok.org/using-si-droid
Makes sense. You start at 11:00 and end at 1:00, so your time is -10:00. A negative time doesn't make sense, sounds like a night-O where you crossed the midnight boundary, so the software adds 24 hours and -10:00 becomes 14:00. And your two hour run comes out 12 hours too long.
Telling the software that nobody started before 8 AM or something should allow it to do the calculation correctly.
Selecting a 0 hour start time was the fix. Thank you for sharing your experience.