Register | Login
Attackpoint - performance and training tools for orienteering athletes

Training Log Archive: edwarddes

In the 7 days ending Dec 5, 2015:

activity # timemileskm+m
  Running2 3:59:59 18.61(12:54) 29.95(8:01) 561
  Orienteering1 39:40 2.48(16:00) 3.99(9:56) 121
  Total3 4:39:39 21.09(13:16) 33.94(8:14) 682

» now

Saturday Dec 5, 2015 #

5 PM

Orienteering race 39:40 [5] 2.48 mi (16:00 / mi) +121m 13:53 / mi
ahr:160 max:187


I didn't have a compass or SI with me, so I borrowed a slow SI5 (and was the first one out and had to wake things up, that must be worth a few minutes), and ran with no compass. Both big errors, 4, and 14, were due to exiting the control in the wrong direction. I was trying to beat Alex, and I think with a compass I could have.

Thursday Dec 3, 2015 #


Finished project. Almost everything for the porch except for the columns is new. Also reframed and roofed the kitchen, and resided the back side of the house.

Full Album

Wednesday Dec 2, 2015 #

3 PM

Running 1:03:34 [3] 5.66 mi (11:14 / mi) +49m 10:56 / mi
ahr:145 max:161

Spent all day in the pouring rain finishing off the siding on the back of the house, which means the project is done! (Except for the long punch list of small stuff and things being pushed off to the spring)

It was still light out, so I thought that a run would be a lot more fun in the rain than laying on a roof scribing clapboards. Looped out the south side of the canal on the cartersville trail, and back mostly on roads after crossing at mitchell road. Should have stayed on the canal path instead of getting onto marsh road.

Sunday Nov 29, 2015 #

1 PM

Running 2:56:25 [3] 12.95 mi (13:37 / mi) +512m 12:08 / mi
ahr:154 max:178

While this was a good long run, it was mostly a failure at what I wanted to do. I had intended on doing a long run today with Chris, but he bailed on me for a hot date in Baltimore (literally), so I went out alone, unsupported, no water bottle carrier, and no stores along the way. I wanted to try and make a 15-16mile loop, which it would have been if I had come back the same way I went out.

At the turn around I was still feeling great, but could tell that I wasn't going to make the whole thing without some food, and it was starting to get really cold (38 when I started, and getting cold fast as the sun moved). I changed the back loop to be more direct though the neighborhoods, connected by a bunch on the trail sections, and just made it back to the gas station for some liquid and candy bars before bonking bad. I couldn't feel my hands at that point though, and was having trouble getting the wrappers open. I hobbled the last mile back home and jumped into a painful hot shower getting some heat back into my hands.

Lesson learned. Gloves are needed in this weather, and I need to find my water bottle belt.

« Earlier | Later »