Getting warmer, upper 60s, cloudy, sprinkles a couple of times. With Gail, sticking mainly to subdivision roads for safety reasons, had a tour of various developments. Actually pretty pleasant outing, minimal traffic, minimal stress. Nice way to end the year.
And a nice way to end MF2 -- no crashes, never seemed to be much risk (but all it takes is a moment). Rode on all but two of the 45 days (those were travel days to Austin and back), much to my surprise. The weather was amazingly cooperative, always offering a window of opportunity to get out.
Finished at 5,347 miles for the year
, 841 miles for the period of MF2
. Way more than I expected, but the motivation was so good (especially from Eric and Valerie at the end) that there wasn't a day that I didn't look forward to getting out, and then enjoy it when I was out. That is not so bad. :-)
For all the folks that made a pledge --
1. You can donate online at the OUSA website
. Specify it's for the junior team and maybe add a note that it's for MF2.
2. Or send a check made out to Orienteering USA (our new bank seems happy with that, and it's easier than USOF fully spelled out), and send it to:
824 Scotia Rd
Philadelphia, PA 19128
Again, specify it's for the junior team.
3. Donations must be received by January 10 to get the match, so please do it right away.
4. It's not to late to join in. Just send in a donation for the junior team by January 10 and it will get the match.
5. Thank you, thank you, thank you.