Good race, I'm pretty satisfied with it. No painful mistakes, just a few route regrets and a buble (1:30) on 13.https://www.tulospalvelu.fi/gps/2017jwocLM/?v=m3
1. Good compass line, good approach, all good here.
2. Should have taken the road, so route-regret #1. Again, good compass, around the hill, through the reentrant, but a ton of hesitation getting on that ride. A lot of regret could have been avoided just taking the road.
3. Good route choice. This should be my route-regret number two, during the race I was frustrated halfway through the route that I didn't go left on the road that basically goes to the control, but comparing people who saw the option and took it to me and others who took my route, they were about the same time, so I think my route worked fine. Good idea, good execution, good attack.
4. Compass, gottem.
5. Pushed off my line by green slash, hit cliff, corrected and hit.
6. Going directly over the hill was a lot faster, as done by Izzy, Emma W, and Christian. There's a massive cliff to catch you so there wasn't much of a reason for me to go around. Safe route, but needless.
7. Straight, compass, good.
8. Cameraman helped me find it...
9. Good stuff.
10. Rides are confusing.
11. Straight as an arrow.
12. Got really close to screwing up my compass, but fixed. Mistake avoided.
13. Rock was further up the hill than I thought it would be, apparently on the second contour, not the first. One and a half minute mistake trying to figure out where that rock was, no good relocation feature or real attack point.
14. 30-40 seconds at 13 trying to figure out what to do. I'm pretty sure I picked the right route so good stuff. That last bit was pretty tricky-dicky and the rides were messed up, so ignored them, read hills, compass on the contour, and hit that.
15. Compass was good.
16. Good navigation there, a tiny bit of compass.
17. Tried to hit the ride in the white woods north of the line. Failed miserably and just kept running through shitty double green slash. Wonderful.
18. Yellow, in.
19. That stuff was absolute trash to run through. Good nav though.
20. Gotta chugga choo choo straight over that hillside.
21. That yellow stuff was not good.
Overall good race, navigationally sound and didn't die.