Training Log: Chas
In the last 7 days:
|activity|| # ||time||miles||km||+m|
| ||Road bike||2|| 5:40:00|| 77.0||(4:25)|| 123.92||(2:45)|
| ||Pilates||1|| 1:00:00|
| ||Trail running||2|| 1:00:00|| 7.0||(8:34)|| 11.27||(5:20)|
| ||Orienteering||1|| 32:01|| 3.0||(10:40)|| 4.83||(6:38)|
| ||Gym||1|| 20:00|
| ||Shoulder strengthening||1|| 5:00|
| ||Total||7|| 8:37:01|| 87.0|| 140.01|
| ||[1-5]||6|| 7:32:01|
Trail running 25:00  3.0 mi (8:20 / mi)
shoes: Saucony ISO3
Standard Digley loop.
Note: I have Bilbo starting 2 mins after me on Saturday. Isn't there meant to be any seeding at BNOC?
Golf with Roy. 33 Stableford points for the 17 holes.
Gym 20:00 
Garage circuits. Guest appearance by Lulu.
Shoulder strengthening 5:00 
Golf. Pro's mid week comp over 17 holes. 40 Stableford points. 1st place :)
Driving better than ever.
Trail running 35:00  4.0 mi (8:45 / mi)
shoes: Saucony ISO3
Extended Digley loop.
Pilates 1:00:00 
Some new stuff this week as the leader was on a course at the weekend.
Road bike 3:15:00  41.0 mi (4:45 / mi)
Home from Leeds. Mostly traffic-free route: Leeds + Liverpool canal towpath to Shipley then roads through Bradford (urgh) before getting onto the Spen Valley and Calder Valley greenways. Road back from Huddersfield. Unfortunately into the wind all the way.
Golf. Saturday comp over 15 holes. 22 Stableford points.
Driving poorly again.
Orienteering race 32:01  3.0 mi (10:40 / mi)
shoes: Innov8 X-Talon (3)
Northern Night Champs, Ilkley Moor.
Green course (M55+) 3.8km 145m.
I had to decide between running my correct age class or running up to Blue to chase YHOA Night League points. Decided to stick to the short course as my Achilles is a little dodgy. It felt fine running although I was cautious on the downhill sections especially where it was a hard surface.
Orienteering was slightly disappointingly simple. Only one real mistake where I somehow crossed the reentrant at #4 without seeing it. 5 seconds ahead of Pete Haines on his back garden.
Based on mpk it would have been very close between James and I on Blue.
Golf. Winter Box League match. Won 5 and 4.
Achilles still a little niggly.
Road bike 2:25:00  36.0 mi (4:02 / mi)
Huddersfield, Buckstones, Denshaw, Greenfield and back over Saddleworth Moor. Lovely spring-like afternoon but with a stiff south-westerly.
- Feb 23 [0w, 2d]: Y - British Night Champs weekend
- Mar 3 [1w, 3d]: Y - Tim Watkins Trophy
- Mar 10 [2w, 3d]: Y - Wharncliffe UKOL Long (Northern Champs)
- Mar 17 [3w, 3d]: Y - CompassSport Cup Heat
- Mar 23 [4w, 2d]: Y - LOC Cumbrian Galoppen
- Mar 24 [4w, 3d]: Y - SROC Red Rose Classic
- Mar 30 [5w, 2d]: Y - Southern champs weekend
- Apr 19 [8w, 1d]: Y - JK 2019
- May 5 [10w, 3d]: Y - British Orienteering Championships
- May 25 [13w, 2d]: Y - Scottish Champs
- Jun 30 [18w, 3d]: Y - 5 Days of Italy
- Jul 28 [22w, 3d]: Y - Scottish 6 Days 2019
- Sep 14 [29w, 2d]: Y - British Sprints and Middles weekend
- Sep 21 [30w, 2d]: Y - Veteran Home internationals if selected
- Jul 21, 2020 [73w, 5d]: ? - California Orienteering Festival
- Jun 17, 2050 [1,634w, 1d]: Y - wmoc 2050 M85 or bust
all weeks |