Training Log: Dooby
In the last 7 days:
|activity|| # ||time||miles||km||+m|
| ||Trails/Road||2|| 1:37:12|| 11.19||(8:41)|| 18.01||(5:24)|| 246|
| ||Turbo Trainer||1|| 50:35|
| ||Road||1|| 38:42|| 3.06||(12:38)|| 4.93||(7:51)|| 51|
| ||Total||3|| 3:06:29|| 14.26|| 22.94|| 296|
And the plan for this week is:
Monday - Turbo Trainer
Tuesday - Running
Wednesday - Turbo Trainer
Thursday - Running
Friday - Turbo Trainer
Saturday - Orienteering/Bike
Sunday - Orienteering/Bike
Weekdays the same as last week, with probably a longer Tuesday run.
Plan for the weekend is to tag some sites on Tír na Spideoige. Suppose that means I'd better do some map updates and plan a few courses...
I had planned on training but managed to fall asleep when I got home!!!
Although if I’m in a state where I fall asleep after work then I must be tired so sleep actually a positive I suspect.
In Limerick for the Munster match. Bit extra walking to/from the stadium due to kick off being delayed by 3 hours due to water on the pitch. Not impressed for this to only be announced less than 30 minutes before the official kick-off time.
Road 38:42  4.93 km (7:51 / km) +51m 7:28 / km
ahr:110 max:128 shoes: Brooks Ghost 9
parkrun with Mary
Approx 20 seconds slower than a couple of weeks ago in tougher conditions. So not doing too badly.
Trails/Road 51:09  9.02 km (5:40 / km) +112m 5:21 / km
ahr:146 max:165 shoes: Brooks Ghost 9
Decided to run home. Must admit it wasn’t the most direct route home from Muckross House. First few kilometres I was surprised at the pace, slow, didn’t think I was doing too badly but maybe I was thinking I was going faster than I thought after parkrun pace!
Consciously tried to pick up the pace and succeeded in that for the last few kilometres. Running was better for them anyways as went through the limestone area which would have slowed me down. Also a bit flooded getting back out onto the road.
Left Achilles definitely not feeling great. Skin also looking redder on that side than the right.
Turbo Trainer 50:35 
Avg Cadence = 84rpm
Narcos S02 E05
After a long day in the car around south kerry, with a short walk up Bray Head thrown in to start the day, was tired when I got home.
Got onto the bike and actually went better than expected. Feeling better for the exercise.
Trails/Road 46:03  9.0 km (5:07 / km) +134m 4:46 / km
ahr:137 max:149 shoes: Brooks Ghost 9
Heavy shower getting changed so had to move into the car to finish getting changed. But was dry when I got back out and stayed mostly dry for the run. Chilly though.
Wet enough on the paths and grass soft. Lake looking fairly high too.
Legs mostly ok I think but more managing the issues rather than any improvement.
- Feb 16 [3w, 2d]: ? - Armagh Urban Weekend
- Feb 18 [3w, 4d]: ? - Munster League, Glengarra Wood
- Feb 25 [4w, 4d]: Y - Leinster Orienteering Championships, Vale of Clara / Ballinastraw
- Mar 11 [6w, 4d]: Y - Munster League, Upper Torc - Muckross
- Mar 25 [8w, 4d]: Y - Kingdom League, Cappanalea
- Mar 30 [9w, 2d]: ? - JK 2018 - Day 1 - Sprint
- Mar 31 [9w, 3d]: ? - JK 2018 - Days 2-4
- Apr 22 [12w, 4d]: ? - Munster League, Mahon Falls
- Apr 29 [13w, 4d]: ? - Kingdom League, Ross Castle + Island
- May 5 [14w, 3d]: ? - Irish Orienteering Championships
- May 20 [16w, 4d]: ? - Munster League, Tramore Sand Dunes
- May 27 [17w, 4d]: Y - Munster League, Inch Sand Dunes
- Jun 2 [18w, 3d]: Y - Shamrock O-Ringen, Tr na Spideoige / An Cruachn
all weeks |