Rough Translation of some good advice received in Spain.
TEN BASIC MENTAL ASPECTS OF ORIENTEERING
1. Your SELF-ESTEEM does not matter to others, only your results. Value your effort whenever you do things well and whatever the result may be.
2. If you make a MISTAKE of any type, it is not anyone else’s fault, only yours. Learn from them and apply what you have learned.
3. FOCUS ON THE TASK AT HAND, not on the result. If you improve these tasks, the results will come by themselves.
4. The relationship between training and results is not always fair. GET USED TO IT.
5. DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE anyone. Everyone can beat you.
6. If you always do the same thing, you will make the same mistakes. DO NOT STOP LEARNING, EVEN WHEN YOU WIN.
7. Always do your own orienteering in races. DO NOT THINK ABOUT OTHERS.
8. You are the one who best knows how to do your best. SELF-CONFIDENCE.
9. You must always THINK POSITIVELY.
10. Have fun training and competing. MOTIVATION is fundamental.