Training Log: jayne
In the last 7 days:
|activity|| # ||time||miles||km||+m|
| ||Orienteering||1|| 47:26|| 4.97||(9:33)|| 8.0||(5:56)|| 86|
| ||Total||1|| 47:26|| 4.97||(9:33)|| 8.0||(5:56)|| 86|
Orienteering race (MelbushO: Candlebark Park) 47:26  8.0 km (5:56 / km) +86m 5:38 / km
shoes: Inov8 X-Talon 212
But of an unwelcome start to turn up at 11.30 and be told rather gruffly 'you better get a move on as courses closes at 1'. Felt like I'd been told off, and given that last starts were 12 and course closure wasn't publicised it felt a bit unfair. Not going to put me off orienteering but I could see how it might a newcomer.
Course itself ended up being good fun, a lot of a run but enough navigation that canny route choice could save you time. I got some of these right, others not. Had a fun head to head with Thor and Jon would def made me run faster.
Ended up 9 secs ahead of Clare but 9 secs behind Nicola - which I'm going to blame on going round to the right to 4, and then running knee into a log. Ouch.
- Jun 25 [0w, 1d]: Y - 2017 Vic State Series 4 (long) - Spring Gully, Fryerstown
- Jul 2 [1w, 1d]: ? - 2017 MelBushO 4 Brimbank Park, Keilor
- Jul 9 [2w, 1d]: Y - 2017 Vic State Series 5 (Middle Distance) - Chewton
- Jul 15 [3w, 0d]: ? - NSW State League #8 - Barraba Lane, Quorrobolong
- Jul 22 [4w, 0d]: Y - WA MTBO Middle Distance Championships - Kalamunda Circuit
- Jul 22 [4w, 0d]: Y - MTBO Short - Kalamunda Prelude
- Jul 23 [4w, 1d]: ? - 2017 MelBushO 5 Plenty Gorge South
- Jul 23 [4w, 1d]: Y - WA MTBO Long Distance Championships - Marrinup
- Jul 30 [5w, 1d]: ? - 2017 VicBush 3 You Yangs (MelBushO series)
- Jul 30 [5w, 1d]: ? - Vic MTBO Series #2 - You Yangs
- Aug 20 [8w, 1d]: ? - World MTBO Championships 2017, Junior World MTBO Championships 2017, World might go do some spectating
- Aug 27 [9w, 1d]: ? - Adventure Series #1 - Maxi 3 Hour, Kimbolton, Lake Eppalock
all weeks |