Training Log: JanetT
In the last 7 days:
|activity|| # ||time||miles||km||+m|
| ||Pilates class||2|| 1:55:00|
| ||Orienteering||1|| 1:18:47|| 3.82||(20:39)|| 6.14||(12:50)|| 73||13 /||15c||86%|
| ||Exerc. Class||1|| 55:00|
| ||Walking||1|| 14:42|| 1.0||(14:42)|| 1.61||(9:08)|
| ||Total||5|| 4:23:29|| 4.82|| 7.75|| 73||13 /||15c||86%|
|averages - sleep:6.3 weight:5.8lbs|
Orienteering 1:18:47  *** 6.14 km (12:50 / km) +73m 12:07 / km
spiked:13/15c slept:6.5 weight:7.5lbs shoes: Jala Jukola Spider 6 #3
Fun run around Stratton Brook on the Green course. I forgot to start my Forerunner until punching at the first control, so I added the time (which was on my splits printout) and estimated the extra distance based on my route. Nominal SL 5.0 km; courses by Bill Duncan.
Since I hadn't orienteered since West Point, and since I messed up the first control (and some others) badly last time here, I started out slowly and carefully. Managed to use attackpoints well and founds things generally where I was looking for them. To 11 (#51), I wasn't sure where to leave the big trail but figured I'd hit the stream where all the big bends were; I hit the stream NW of the control point, figured it out, and turned the correct way, but I'm not calling it a "spike." The other one that gave me difficulty was 14 (#32), near the west edge of the map. I didn't attack from a definite point (like the trail jct NE) and the map is a bit funny in this area so I missed it; didn't waste too much time before I headed back towards the big trail, and happened onto the flag. Practiced bashing through the young pines and sometimes dead branches.
AOWN / flora: Saw numerous star flowers, some trilliums, and (excited!) two Lady Slippers!! I don't get out that much in the right habitat for them (mostly pine woods) and was surprised to see these not too far from the parking lot. There were other sprouts indicating several more would be blooming in that area in the coming weeks. Cool!
Track should have started at the point labeled 16 (if you click on the globe).
From my track it looks like my 3 (#46), track location 2, might have been on the wrong marsh; I saw a flag there and it had my number. Punched the lap split twice at my 12 so control numbers after that are correct. :-)
I "love" how people ask about putting info on a website on a public forum instead of looking at it or sending the request-to-be-posted information to the webmaster.
My feet told me not to run or walk today. I rode the lawn tractor instead and cut some of the extra-long grass that grew since last week. Only sneezed a few times.
Pilates class 1:00:00 
With substitute Ellen ("stack your weights one on top of the other"). Too much back, not enough warmup for legs, so I started doing my own thing. I really admire all you folks who can do side planks pain-free. I can't even do the standard planks pain-free; need to let my foot/arch heal.
Would have done more at the Y but thought I'd be able to go pick up Glen's car at 1pm that was being worked on, then come home and go for a run or walk from here. But it needed more time, so I came home to take stuff to the transfer station and other errands, then went to get the car around 4pm. Tomorrow, maybe??
Exerc. Class 55:00 
Back to Chatham. Good to move some more, although I had several sore muscles from yesterday's Pilates class that interfered today. Now to get my foot healed so I feel like running for training and not just when taped up for races.
Sunday's courses looked really intense! Woo! Concentration required. I've only been on the area west of the pond once, in a previous version of Brown Y. Hope we get to use it more, with permission from the scouts, of course.
Need the get the sleep schedule back on track. :-) Did like the weight report this morning but can't let it go now.
Off to Pilates now.
Pilates class 55:00 
Pilates class with no added tools. I might skip it on Thursday because Ellen will be subbing. While she was better the 2nd time than the first, I still don't really like her style. Maybe by then I'll be ready for something more strenuous.
Walking (indoor track) 14:42  1.0 mi (14:42 / mi)
A mile on the track. Feet had a number of sore places to start and that was uncomfortable but they felt marginally better by 1/2 mile. Didn't feel like anything else...
...except leg presses, adductors, and pulldowns. Done.
Probably not going to get any exercise in today, either, with a temp of 45 and feels-like temp of 40. AP will probably encourage me tomorrow to get back on track. :-)
I finally got warmed up from yesterday! Have had the equivalent of two grande coffees today and am almost awake.
It was great to see everyone this weekend and hear that the courses were US champs-worthy. I love the orienteering community. Just wish I could have spent more time socializing. That's the trade-off, though, when you put on an A-meet.
- May 25 [0w, 6d]: ? - DVOA Hickory Run Sand Spring Lake
- May 26 [1w, 0d]: Y - Hickory Hop: DVOA Hickory Run Mini Rogaine
- May 26 [1w, 0d]: N - Sessions Woods Nature Center
- Jun 1 [1w, 6d]: ? - WCOC Bethel Schools Sprints
- Jun 2 [2w, 0d]: ? - EMPO - Camp Pinnacle
- Jun 15 [3w, 6d]: ? - WCOC Club Picnic Ratlum Mountain
- Jun 15 [3w, 6d]: ? - US Team training weekend
- Jun 22 [4w, 6d]: ? - EMPO - Washington Park
- Jul 25 [9w, 4d]: ? - Sierra Summerfest
- Jul 27 [9w, 6d]: ? - ROC - Mendon Ponds Adventure Race
- Jul 28 [10w, 0d]: ? - Scottish 6 Days
- Aug 2 [10w, 5d]: ? - WMOC
- Aug 17 [12w, 6d]: ? - Fishbones Middle Distance
- Aug 18 [13w, 0d]: ? - Fishbones Long Distance
- Aug 23 [13w, 5d]: ? - Ocean Sprint
- Aug 24 [13w, 6d]: ? - Eastern Canadian Championships - Middle Distance
- Aug 24 [13w, 6d]: N - EMPO - Cole Hill
- Aug 25 [14w, 0d]: ? - Eastern Canadian Championships - Long Distance
- Sep 21 [17w, 6d]: ? - Ottawa O-Fest 2013
- Sep 22 [18w, 0d]: ? - Hudson Highlander
- Oct 11 [20w, 5d]: ? - 2013 Canadian Championships
- Oct 19 [21w, 6d]: Y! - UNO Boulder Dash
- Nov 9 [24w, 6d]: ? - BAOC: Pacheco State Park A-meet
- Nov 16 [25w, 6d]: ? - DVOA French Creek A-meet
- Dec 6 [28w, 5d]: ? - Sprint the Golden Gate
- Aug 2, 2014 [62w, 6d]: ? - 2014 Canadian Champs
- Oct 4, 2014 [71w, 6d]: ? - 2014 ROC Ameet
- Oct 10, 2014 [72w, 5d]: ? - 2014 Ottawa O-Fest / North American Orienteering Championships
- Jul 26, 2015 [114w, 0d]: ? - WMOC 2015
- Aug 1, 2015 [114w, 6d]: ? - WOC 2015 - Inverness, Highland, GB
- Jun 12, 2050 [1,934w, 0d]:
Ooops. Lost all the flags counted since mid-June 2012 because I deleted the cookies for the site.
all weeks |