Training Log: Sandy
In the last 7 days:
|activity|| # ||time||miles||km||+m|
| ||orienteering||2|| 2:11:20|
| ||strength & stretching||3|| 1:35:00|
| ||hiking||1|| 56:21|| 3.06||(18:25)|| 4.93||(11:26)|| 88|
| ||Total||6|| 4:42:41|| 3.06|| 4.93|| 88|
strength & stretching 30:00 
A great training session; worked me hard but I can feel the improvement.
Didn't stretch and will pay for it later I'm sure. But I'm so sleepy. Drank too much coffee yesterday in order to have an uneventful drive home and then couldn't get to sleep last night. So only got about 4 hours instead of my normal 8.
Very happy with how not sore I am today after the weekend. Knee very stiff both nights but fine the morning after.
orienteering 59:53 
Another really fun Brown course at WP. Kudos to the cadets for getting it so right this weekend for the older categories. The 1:7500 maps were a delight and the courses were a blast.
Again, pretty sloppy with a couple "hooks" and one bad error near the end when I wanted to get away from the crowd of old ladies that had coalesced. I didn't stick with my plan and it cost me 2 minutes. Ah well.
orienteering 1:11:27 
Really nice Brown course at WP. They hiked us up the hill to the start and then we got to play around on the top of the hill for a bit before threading our way back down. I was very sloppy to almost every control having to correct on the fly but I almost always knew about where I was and what I should be seeing so was able to avoid any large time losses. Was very surprised when I finished to see how high I placed.
strength & stretching 35:00 
Another good training session. My legs were still sore from all the squats on Tuesday but after the first of many squats and lunges today they warmed up and were okay.
And the pulled muscle in my leg is better enough that stretching is straightforward again.
Lots of baby bunnies in the yard this evening. They were really cute but I wasn't fast enough to get pictures.
Came really, really close to being hit by a car today crossing City Ave from one side of campus to the other. I am always very careful as I've seen many near accidents there and cars always run the red light so I wait until I see the cars stopping before stepping into the road even after the crosswalk sign says to cross. The light turned and true to form, one car went through the red light but the next car was slowing down so I started across. When I got to the next lane though (it's 4 lanes with a turn lane in the middle so 5 altogether) a car came barreling up the hill and must not have been paying attention because she didn't slow down. I jumped sideways away from the car and by the time she stopped I could still touch the front of her car with my arm. Half her car was into the crosswalk. If I hadn't jumped I'd have been smushed on the road or at least knocked over. It took me a good hour to calm down.
strength & stretching 30:00 
Trainer session. Lots of squats. Could tell I haven't done those for a bit - between skipping a session and having the pulled muscle it's been a while.
The pulled muscle isn't quite 100% but nearly. I still can't do the stretches I'm used to doing - it just pulls funny on that joint - but it's getting better.
hiking 56:21  3.06 mi (18:25 / mi) +88m 16:54 / mi
Meadow Loop with Sandy - good to catch up.
- Apr 28 [0w, 4d]: Y - USA & Canada - WOC/JWOC Team Trials OUSA National 3 day meet
- May 7 [1w, 6d]: Y - Billygoat 2017 tag along with Valerie and Peter?
- May 31 [5w, 2d]: Y!! - DVOA Schuylkill Center for Environmental Education Event Director
- Jun 14 [7w, 2d]: Y!! - DVOA Norristown State Hospital Event Director
- Jun 23 [8w, 4d]:
- Jun 23 [8w, 4d]: N - 2017 Gold Rush Meet and USA SML Championships conflict with Alaska trip :(
- Jun 28 [9w, 2d]: N - DVOA Ridley Creek State Park MacMullan's taking this one
- Jul 12 [11w, 2d]: Y!! - DVOA Fort Washington Event Director
- Jul 29 [13w, 5d]: Y - Canada 150 Orienteering Festival Planning to at any rate
- Sep 16 [20w, 5d]: Y - Falls Classic - Letchworth State Park
- Oct 8 [23w, 6d]: Y - SVO Susquehanna Stumble XIX short
- Oct 14 [24w, 5d]: Y! - UNO Boulder Dash Want another crack at the map
- Nov 11 [28w, 5d]: Y - QOC Quinquagenary @ Quantico National Meet
- Jun 17, 2050 [1,729w, 4d]: Y - wmoc 2050 F95+ better start training now
all weeks |