Training Log: Vector
In the last 7 days:
|activity|| # ||time||miles||km||+m|
| ||Orienteering||4|| 2:18:00||33 /||38c||86%|
| ||X-cntry running||2|| 1:13:40|| 8.36||(8:49)|| 13.45||(5:29)|| 120|
| ||Legs and/or sprints||1|| 10:00|
| ||Total||6|| 3:41:40|| 8.36|| 13.45|| 120||33 /||38c||86%|
| ||[1-5]||5|| 3:31:40|
Orienteering race 1:45:00  ****
spiked:15/19c shoes: Icebug
Colossal screw up at start. Took wrong map because so used to running Blue. Realized and went on Red like supposed to but forgot to replace clue card in my holder. On top of trouble making sense of map on the first leg. In retrospect I wasn't disciplined starting from the start triangle and instead was angling from the start chute, which of course is a bad idea. Couple lessons learned today. Rest of the run was decent, just tiring jumping logs constantly. Without the start and 1st control snafoos I would have been fairly satisfied with this run and once again I think the main issue is fitness since navigating was pretty solid. Feel good about navigating what was a very technical course with lots of veg and fallen tree obstacles with few nav problems. Sawtooths were amazing backdrop to the whole day, totally beautiful day and snow capped peaks. Glad we made the trip and good too see family too.
CY17 control goal count = 757
Orienteering race 23:00  *
spiked:18/19c shoes: Adidas
Pretty easy sprint. Just needed to run faster. But probably met my goal of scoring in at least 60s, possibly low 70s. Really fast runners out there on Blue! Think I've reached a point where the main thing to work on now is fitness.
CY17 control goal count = 737
X-cntry running 38:30  6.9 km (5:35 / km)
Orienteering 5:00 
Another long day at work and therefore no trip up the mountain for training. Ugh. Really not feeling ready for this weekend but maybe some time to at least get a run in tomorrow. Hope so.
Armchair O: Cat's Meow Day 2, WI and 2009 Gold Rush, ID long map.
CY17 control goal count = 717
Legs and/or sprints 10:00 
X-cntry running 11:05  2.25 km (4:56 / km) +30m 4:37 / km
2 min fast, 1 min normal intervals
X-cntry running 7:05  1.1 km (6:26 / km) +50m 5:15 / km
X-cntry running 17:00  3.2 km (5:19 / km) +40m 5:00 / km
Orienteering 5:00 
CY17 control goal count = 676
- Jul 8 [1w, 6d]: ? - RMOC Camp Elim
- Jul 22 [3w, 6d]: Y - RMOC Fox Run Rgnl Park / Rocky Mtn State Games
- Aug 12 [6w, 6d]: ? - RMOC Round Mountain
- Sep 1 [9w, 5d]: ? - Labor Daze
- Sep 16 [11w, 6d]: ? - Falls Classic - Letchworth State Park
- Oct 7 [14w, 6d]: ? - RMOC Peaceful Valley Scout Ranch
- Oct 14 [15w, 6d]: ? - UNO Boulder Dash
- Oct 15 [16w, 0d]: N - RMOC White Ranch Course setter
- Nov 4 [18w, 6d]: ? - DVOA National Event
- Nov 5 [19w, 0d]: ? - DVOA Mount Penn - Antietam
- Nov 11 [19w, 6d]: ? - QOC Quinquagenary @ Quantico National Meet
- Mar 30, 2018 [39w, 5d]: ? - GCO: Sacramento A-meet This would be great!! Started O'ing at GCO!
- Apr 6, 2018 [40w, 5d]: ? - OCIN Flying Pig XXII
- Jul 6, 2018 [53w, 5d]: ? - World Masters Orienteering Championships 2018
- Jun 17, 2050 [1,720w, 5d]: Y - wmoc 2050 Guessing gps tracking and spectating cams will ...
all weeks |