In the last 7 days:
|activity|| # ||time||miles||km||+m|
| ||Running||2|| 1:53:46|| 15.02||(7:34)|| 24.17||(4:42)|| 40|
| ||Orienteering||1|| 46:20|| 4.16||(11:08)|| 6.7||(6:55)|| 138|
| ||Strength & Conditioning||1|| 15:00|
| ||Total||4|| 2:55:06|| 19.18|| 30.87|| 177|
Strength & Conditioning 15:00 
Core and legs in the gym. Hamstrings already screaming after RDL's. may have overcooked it slightly.
Running 33:03  7.1 km (4:39 / km) +2m 4:39 / km
Strides. Nice out. Took the racing flats out for a spin. Felt like Jay Leno dusting off one of his antique cars.
Running 1:20:43  17.08 km (4:44 / km) +38m 4:40 / km
Long run on Jordan's Social Score event map. Perfect day. Had a decent sleep before. Knee was crappy but loosened up rapidly. Started too early after breakfast to try and beat the storm. (Got caught with two miles to go. Pretty hairy at times through West U)
Course was perfect. Kept an easy pace. Nice and engaging.
Not intended. Too much stuff going on with the Bairns. Knee playing up again. Strange as it was perfect yesterday.
Orienteering 46:20  6.7 km (6:55 / km) +138m 6:16 / km
Lovely day for it. Indifferent about the race. Obviously wanted a decent run before next weekend and it was average, which for me is very good at the moment.
1. Long easy leg. Perfect for me as my weakness is a short technical first control. This allowed me to plan most of the next 6 controls.
2. Disaster. Went above the cave thinking the circle was high above the cliff.
3. 20m left.
4. Hit the earth wall ?? Not the right symbol on map so was unsure I was on right feature. Didn't see it straightway, but guessed I was in the right place. 45secs.
5. Biggest mistake. Faffed around too far to the left by the fight/ruined fence. 5mins??
6. Went way left towards 7 by accident, but it was probably the better route choice for me. Simple in the "twilight zone" and I managed to prepare for 7 coming next.
7. Exited 6 wrong. Corrected and managed to avert disaster due to reccying on the previous leg. 45secs.
9. Not sure I did this right. Looked like the riverbank was mowed. But I ran north to hit a nonexistent path. It ended a fight to 9.
Time lost....estimate 9:30. Just happy only one possible 5 min error. Everything felt good. Knee especially. The big bonus of the day was Jordan forgot to drop the kids off at the pool. Schoolboy error. Kendal enjoyed it and finished, but with no card. Another bonus.
Thought about doing Jordan's score but I popped 3 pills, iced and tiger balmed the knee. Hopefully try it Sunday depending on how strenuous Chalk Ridge Falls is tomorrow. See its only 5k which is unusually short. But knowing me I'll make it a much longer day.
Knee is ongoing. Some days negligible, others it makes me sweat like a gypsy with a mortgage. Especially getting out the car. Its something about having it at right angles.
all weeks |