In the last 7 days:
|activity|| # ||time||miles||km||+m|
| ||Run / Hike||5|| 4:10:04|| 18.34|| 29.52|| 192|
| ||Strength / Stretching||2|| 2:10:00|
| ||Administration||1|| 1:00:00|
| ||Total||6|| 7:20:04|| 18.34|| 29.52|| 192|
| ||[1-5]||6|| 6:20:04|
|averages - sleep:6.8 weight:112.3lbs|
Run / Hike intervals (Summer Training 2017) 1:02:16  4.34 mi (14:21 / mi)
slept:5.0 shoes: Brooks Adrenaline (2017)
- Jogged a half mile to warm up.
- 6 x 800 w/ three minutes rest in between.
- Walked a half mile to cool down.
Run / Hike 37:45  3.11 mi (12:08 / mi) +40m 11:40 / mi
slept:7.0 weight:112.6lbs shoes: Brooks Adrenaline (2017)
Run group at Runners Roost. I mainly went because it was "bomber night". Ran ~2.5, walked the rest, and then had beer samples and a sliver of a Qdoba quesadilla with guacamole (I wanted more but they went fast!).
Run / Hike tempo (Summer Training 2017) 54:59  4.52 mi (12:10 / mi) +32m 11:54 / mi
slept:8.0 weight:111.3lbs shoes: Brooks Adrenaline (2017)
- Jogged 0.75-mile to warm up.
- Three-mile "prediction run". The assignment was to estimate your three-mile time and then try to nail it without a watch, Garmin, etc. The person who finished closest to their predicted time got a $25 gift certificate to Runners Roost. Nice!
I had to do the run on my own (since I had dinner plans), so I did wear a watch and just left it on my "other useless stuff" screen (altitude, calories burned, sunrise time, sunset time). Splits were 10:11 + 9:31 + 9:39 = 29:21 (+0:21 compared to my 29:00 prediction -- pretty close).
It was miserably hot, BTW (~92 degrees with no cloud cover). There was a headwind for a while, which I tried to think of as a "cooling breeze". ;-)
- Walked 0.75 to cool down.
Run / Hike 20:00 
Walked to & from rec center, with a loop around the arboretum.
Strength / Stretching 1:00:00 
Yoga class at the rec center. I had to focus hard on ignoring the stench of the patchouli someone was wearing.
Administration 1:00:00 
Fox Run meet prep -- a few emails, course updates on the web page, a Facebook post, and an email to the RMOC list.
Strength / Stretching 1:00:00 
"Yoga Burn" class at the rec center. More difficult than I expected. :-P
Strength / Stretching 10:00 
Tabata intervals of:
- 35# back squats
- 35# deadlifts
- lunge steps
Run / Hike long 1:15:04  6.37 mi (11:47 / mi) +120m 11:08 / mi
slept:6.0 weight:111.1lbs shoes: Brooks Adrenaline (2017)
I went to bed at 11pm on Friday night, but I was still WIDE AWAKE at 2am and beyond (racing thoughts about work and unfinished projects, reliving recent emotional & unpleasant conversations, etc.). So I snoozed my 6am alarm and didn't meet my running group at 7am as planned... I was going to do the same trail they did on my own a bit later (Doudy Draw + Springbrook, ~5 hilly miles), but both parking lots were totally full when I got there. Ugh.
I ended up doing an out-and-back on the High Plans trail (plus a bit of Greenbelt Plateau). It's 100% treeless and hot, but there was plenty of parking. Ran 6.2, walked the rest.
Like an idiot, I tried to run over one of the new cattle-guard ramps (which are intended for mountain bikers). My foot slipped through and I bashed my shin.
- Jul 22 [0w, 1d]: Y - RMOC - Fox Run Regional Park
- Jul 29 [1w, 1d]: Y - RMOC - Manitou Park
- Aug 6 [2w, 2d]: Y - Evergreen Town Race 5K & 10K 10K
- Aug 12 [3w, 1d]: Y - RMOC - Round Mountain
- Aug 26 [5w, 1d]: ? - MNOC Rogaine Interested but no solo entries allowed...?
- Sep 1 [6w, 0d]: Y - Labor Daze Yes!!!
- Sep 9 [7w, 1d]: ? - 2017 Seattle Adventure Running Tournament (9/9 - 9/10)
- Sep 16 [8w, 1d]: ? - Falls Classic - Letchworth State Park
- Oct 7 [11w, 1d]: ? - RMOC - Peaceful Valley Scout Ranch
- Oct 7 [11w, 1d]: Y - Castle Rock Trail Festival Half marathon
- Oct 14 [12w, 1d]: ? - Python 2017 NE Ohio Rogaine
- Oct 14 [12w, 1d]: Y - Petrified Forest ROGAINEs
- Oct 15 [12w, 2d]: ? - RMOC - White Ranch May be at Petrified Forest Mini-ROGAINEs instead
- Oct 29 [14w, 2d]: ? - NEW DATE Mountain Lake ROGAINE
- Nov 4 [15w, 1d]: ? - "The Twisted 50" DVOA National Event
- Nov 11 [16w, 1d]: ? - QOC Quinquagenary @ Quantico National Meet
all weeks |