In the last 7 days:
|activity|| # ||time||miles||km||+ft|
| ||Run / Hike||3|| 2:57:55|| 9.72||(18:18)|| 15.64||(11:22)|
| ||Cycling||1|| 1:12:00|| 7.25||(9:56)|| 11.67||(6:10)|| 182|
| ||Orienteering||1|| 1:10:34|| 4.6||(15:20)|| 7.4||(9:32)|| 248|
| ||Total||3|| 5:20:29|| 21.57||(14:51)|| 34.71||(9:14)|| 430|
|averages - sleep:8 weight:114.7lbs|
Run / Hike tempo 57:55  5.22 mi (11:06 / mi)
slept:8.0 weight:114.3lbs shoes: Brooks Adrenaline (2018)
Back to LoCO FIT training!
At Davidson Mesa --
* Ran about 0.5 to warm up.
* Four-mile progression run, "starting at half-marathon pace" -- 9:54, 9:25, 9:04, 8:31. (I was supposed to do five miles, but I'm going to blame this shortcut on being sleep deprived and being at sea level for the past two+ weeks...) It was hard to maintain my intended pace b/c my Garmin was giving erratic readings (I know I shouldn't rely on it so much...but I do).
* Walked back to the trailhead with the others to cool down.
Worked late to try to get caught up -- so this turned out to be another rest day.
I was still asleep when all of this morning's potential running activities were happening...and then it rained a lot, so I just stayed inside.
Travel day -- uneventful but LONG.
Run / Hike 1:00:00  1.5 mi (40:00 / mi)
shoes: Salomon Speedcross (2017-Navy)
Walking from parking to arena to start, and then back to parking.
Orienteering race 1:10:34  4.6 mi (15:20 / mi) +248ft 14:36 / mi
shoes: Salomon Speedcross (2017-Turq)
Over the whole week, I think I was happiest with this race. Small errors but nothing terrible (although on my way to #4 I got stung by a bee? wasp? hornet? on my butt, which left a 2"-diameter painful & itchy red welt).
This course had several long trail / open forest stretches where I could run fast (for me). Finisher #16 of 45.
Amager Strand beach afterwards, where I discovered my second tick of the week.
Cycling 1:12:00  7.25 mi (9:56 / mi) +182ft 9:42 / mi
I decided to skip the Long model (the Middle model didn't make much difference in my race results!), and instead I joined Cristina, Melissa & Lukas for the day.
I took a train / bus combo to meet them at the bike-rental shop in Skekkersten. We biked along the coast and stopped for Lukas to play on the beach. I continued on to Helsingør while they had lunch.
Later (after touring Helsingør & Kronborg), rode back to the Snekkersten bike shop with Melissa while Cristina drove with Lukas.
Run / Hike 1:00:00  3.0 mi (20:00 / mi)
Lots of meandering around Helsingør, then I met up with Cristina, Melissa & Lukas again for a tour of Kronborg Castle.
- Jul 21 [0w, 3d]: Y - RMOC Rocky Mountain State Games
- Aug 18 [4w, 3d]: ? - Two Rivers Adventure Trek
- Aug 29 [6w, 0d]: Y - 2018 Rocky Mountain Orienteering Festival
- Sep 15 [8w, 3d]: Y - RMOC Camp Tahosa
- Oct 19 [13w, 2d]: ? - 2018 USA Nationals - Sprint Middle Long
- Feb 16, 2019 [30w, 3d]: Y - Southwest Spring Week Absolutely!!! The whole chimichanga.
- Aug 1, 2020 [106w, 3d]: ? - 17th World Rogaining Championships
- Jun 17, 2050 [1,665w, 2d]: Y - wmoc 2050 F75+ -- no problem
all weeks |