In the last 7 days:
|activity|| # ||time||miles||km||+m|
| ||Biking||2|| 43:00|| 9.32||(4:37)|| 15.0||(2:52)|
| ||Total||2|| 43:00|| 9.32||(4:37)|| 15.0||(2:52)|
Registration for the Okanagan Adventure Running Tournament II is now open. 7 sprint orienteering races in two days, with all proceeds going to support Canadian juniors. 5 new maps, and a return to the UBC-Okanagan campus.
Check out all the event details on our website
If you are ready to register, head over to Zone4
Want to know who is coming? Check the confirmation list
WARNING: Mapping/GIS/file type manipulation geeking out below.
So the City of Vernon provides pre-processed 1m contours for the entire city, but I want a 2.5m interval on a couple of the maps because of some good hills. Vernon also offers a DEM download, which normally would not be an issue, but it is only offered as a ".dwg" and a ".shp". These are both vector files, but a DEM should be a raster file.
Turns out the .shp file is points 25m apart from each other of vertical elevations, with a secondary file of breaklines connecting the nodes. Incredibly useless. The .dwg is a similar thing, but in a proprietary format that should not be used in any GIS applications as far as I am concerned.
At this point - looking like I'm gonna just be using a 2m contour interval and adjusting the prebuilt contours a bunch.
Biking (Road) 18:00  7.5 km (2:24 / km)
Down to Church (ran a little bit late).
Biking (Road) 25:00  7.5 km (3:20 / km)
Home again, with a slight detour to go buy some milk, rice, and bananas.
- Mar 24 [0w, 1d]: Y - CascadeOC 2019 Ultimate Orienteer #3 – Frenchman Spring (Long)
- Apr 7 [2w, 1d]: ? - Valleyview
- Apr 21 [4w, 1d]: Y - Haines Creek
- May 4 [6w, 0d]: Y! - Okanagan Adventure Running Tournament II Event Director
- May 11 [7w, 0d]: ? - CascadeOC 2019 Ultimate Orienteer #6 – Lick Creek (Long)
- May 12 [7w, 1d]: ? - CascadeOC 2019 Ultimate Orienteer #7 – Teanaway Forks (Goat)
- May 18 [8w, 0d]: Y - Sage Stomp
- Jun 15 [12w, 0d]: ? - CascadeOC 2019 Ultimate Orienteer #8 – Riverside State Park (Classic)
- Jun 16 [12w, 1d]: ? - CascadeOC 2019 Ultimate Orienteer #9 – Fishtrap Lake (Ultralong)
- Jul 26 [17w, 6d]: Y!! - 2019 Canadian Orienteering Championships
- Sep 6 [23w, 6d]: Y - KOC BCOC & WCOC 2019
- Oct 5 [28w, 0d]: Y - Revelstoke Classic
- Jul 21, 2020 [69w, 3d]: ? - California Orienteering Festival
- Jul 25, 2020 [70w, 0d]: ? - North American Orienteering Championship
- Jun 17, 2050 [1,629w, 6d]: Y - wmoc 2050
all weeks |