Training Log: bubo
In the last 7 days:
|activity|| # ||time||miles||km||+m|
| ||OCAD/Sportident/MeOS||1|| 4:00:00|
| ||Dog walk||4|| 2:10:00|
| ||Strength||1|| 1:15:00|
| ||Walk/hike||1|| 30:00|
| ||Total||7|| 7:55:00|
| ||[1-5]||6|| 3:55:00|
Dog walk 40:00 
Walking with Birgit to the bus stop + picking up some extra control flags for tonight.
Lots more snow overnight so one hour of shoveling in the morning plus a little more coming back from the walk. We've gotten 30 to 40 cm in just two days and it's still snowing.
OCAD/Sportident/MeOS 4:00:00 
Helping Lars S with Start and Finish at this weeks Night Cup.
Lots of snow in the forest and everywhere else. Reports from the "runners" told us that swimming was a major part of the game.
Just over four weeks from now I'll be going to MOC in Spain for an intense period of orienteering.
My training has been way below what would be expected to prepare for this. The final straw - known as emergency training plan came into effect last week, only to crash after three days.
Of course I may have been too optimistic in making it three days in a row so I have been very sore but mostly my knee has been acting up again.
I have no hopes of making any impressions in the results but hope that my body will hold up for 8 or 9 races in ten days. Possibly I'll have to sit out one or two if my problems continue, but I have to make the best out of the situation...
This may well be my only orienteering this year since I expect to have surgery for both my kidney stone and my bad knee later this winter/spring. Will not be ready for some very easy running until possibly late fall.
Strength 1:15:00 
F&S - a slightly different session with a bit more focus on conditioning and a bit less strength.
Ski erg, 2km & Exercise bike 20min + some of the regular machines.
Lots of snow overnight so both walking to the gym and shoveling added to the exercise. Also went down to school to attend the first lecture (not my own) for the course I will help with.
Walk/hike 30:00 
Emergency shopping at Willys
- Feb 16 [4w, 0d]: Y - MOC TOUR - Mediterranean Open Championship Hope my knee will cooperate
- Apr 28 [14w, 1d]: Y - 10Mila 2018 Nynäshamn Starting on my 2nd 50-year streak after missing...
- Jun 16 [21w, 1d]: ? - 70th Jukola Relay ...but not running
- Jul 6 [24w, 0d]: N - World Masters Orienteering Championships 2018
- Jul 20 [26w, 0d]: ? - O-Ringen Höga Kusten At least some of the days
- Aug 4 [28w, 1d]: Y - WOC 2018 - Latvia
- Aug 17 [30w, 0d]: ? - NAOC 2018 Looking into it
- Jun 17, 2050 [1,691w, 0d]: ? - wmoc 2050 M99 - will there be a category for me?
- Dec 31, 2050 [1,719w, 1d]:
Where are you from?
(Stole this idea from BorisGr)
all weeks |