Chapel Hill, NC, US
Oct 4, 2020
Next entry deadline: Oct 1
Type: Orienteering - Local
added by: Gheorghe Fala
You are welcome to come to our OPEN orienteering event at Carolina North Forest on Sunday, October 4. Start and finish from the parking lot of Seawell Elementary School (GPS = 35.940171, -79.078585). We will offer Yellow, Orange, Brown, Green and Red courses.
Note the following procedures that we will implement to help with social distancing.
1. Everybody must pre-register and pay online by Oct 1. No walk-ins will be allowed.
2. When you register, you must select a specific 1-hour start window between 11:00 AM and 1:00 PM. There are limits for each window (15, 15 and 15). When the limits are reached the registration will be closed.
3. There will be no beginner course (White), no beginner class, no loaner compasses, no plastic map bags (i.e., bring your own). We will, however, provide rental finger sticks (if you request one during the online registration) and will be using registration forms (it will help, if you print and fill one before coming to the event). Otherwise bring a pen and we will provide a form.
4. Maps and rental finger sticks will be laid out on a table for your to pick up. We will also setup lines to help with social distancing at the maps pickup, start and finish.
5. Masks will be required in the start/finish and maps pickup areas. Finish control will be placed at a distance from the download box, so you will have a chance to put on your mask after punching the finish control and before approaching the tables. In order to be able to do it, you should probably take your mask with you on the course (in your pocket or a bag)
Event Directors: Vladimir & Tanya
Sign in to add this to your calendar
|Aug 9||CANCELLED (BOK Umstead West and ARDF)|
|Aug 23||BOK Lake Crabtree Sprint|
|Oct 3||COK CROWDERS MOUNTAIN STATE PARK|
|Oct 11||BOK Horton Grove Nature Preserve|
|Oct 17||QOC Beaver Dam Run|
|Oct 18||BOK Umstead South|
|Oct 31||BOK Night - O|
|Nov 8||BOK Eno River S. Park|
|Nov 14–15||BOK Birkhead Mountains Wilderness and Night-O|