Just a reminder that OUSA’s Annual General Meeting is tomorrow, Sept. 1, at 3:00 pm at the Laramie Plains Civic Center, 710 E Garfield St, Laramie, WY 82070.
Here is some more information about the meeting:
- Please enter the Civic Center through the front doors on E. Garfield Street
- Once you’re in the building, follow the pink streamers to the ballroom
- CORRECTION: the meeting is in the Phoenix Ballroom, not the Gryphon Theater
- Open hours for the building are 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm. If you arrive after 4:00 pm, the doors will be locked from the outside and you will need to have someone open the doors for you from the inside.
- Check in for delegates and proxies will begin at 2:30 pm. Please don’t wait until 2:55 to check in.
- Here are the instructions for checking in and voting:
1) Anyone who wants to vote independently from his/her club, must check in with his/her primary club or the proxy club. All delegates for a given club, including individuals voting independently from their club, must come up to the Credentials Committee table as a group.
2) Once the delegates from a club have been checked in, no changes can be made for the distribution of ballots to that club.
3) Each member club has a number of votes corresponding to the number of members of the club (Family membership = two members) registered with the Federation as Regular Members in good standing as of the end of the second calendar month preceding the general meeting; in this case, the end of July 2018.
4) When the delegates arrive at the table, any individual voting independently (who has that club as his or her primary club) will get a ballot, and the number of members that the club votes will be reduced by one (or two if the membership is a family and two family members are in attendance). The remaining votes will be divided between/among the club delegates present, if applicable. The credentials committee will adhere to the wishes of the clubs and proxies with regard to voting.
5) As stated on the proxy form, if a club has submitted a proxy and a primary club member shows up at the AGM, the club member is entitled to become the delegate for the club if he/she chooses, in which case the club proxy will be invalid.
6) If club XYZ has given a proxy to a member-at-large or club ABC, then the person with the proxy goes through the same process as outlined in steps 1, 2 and 3. If there is some individual who is a member of club XYZ who wants to vote independently, the number of members in the proxy vote would be reduced by one (or two if the membership is a family and two family members are in attendance).
7) Once you have your ballot, whether you are voting for yourself or voting for a club, you will then take your ballot into the room but do not mark it until you are told to do so. (This is because there may be nominations from the floor.)
8) Once you are told to vote, vote according to the rules:
A) Because there are 4 open seats, the total number of votes equals 4 times the number of members listed at the top of your ballot.
B) You cannot cast more votes for any one candidate than the number at the top of your ballot.
C) If for some reason you don’t want to use all your votes, that is your decision.
Check your math. If your total vote count is more than 4 x the number at the top of your ballot or you cast more votes for one candidate than the number at the top of your ballot, your ballot will be voided.
Any updates from the AGM?
Newly elected Board members are:
Thanks to the other nominees Clai Gardner and Joseph Huberman. We hope you will try again.
Greg and Kathleen Lennon (QOC)
Presidents Award winners:
Andrea Schneider (MNOC) and Bob Forgrave (COC)
Golden Service Awards:
Blaik Matthews (FLO), Kim Pincus (LAOC), Walter Siegenthaler (COK), David Williams (OCIN), Gene Wee (OK)
Hope you're on the uberconference call, Ian! ;-)
Who are the new officers?
OUSA President: Clare Durand
Secretary: Kris Beecroft
VP Clubs: William Jameson
VP Competition: Alex Jospe (incumbent)
VP Finance: Pat Meehan (incumbent)
VP Youth Initiatives: Barb Bryant (incumbent)
The website reflects these changes: http://orienteeringusa.org/leadership/board-direct...