The Executive Steering Committee (ESC) of the US Team is seeking an individual to act as Team Leader during this year's WOC competition in Latvia. Information about the World Orienteering Championships can be found at http://www.woc2018.lv
. The official dates of the competition are Aug. 2 to Aug. 12.
The Team Leader is responsible for:
- attending all official meetings
- holding daily meetings with the team
- organizing transportation to and from the races, to and from the training sessions and to and from the airport (the team will have rental cars)
- posting updates on social media or other places, as much as possible
- being with the athletes at the start, and having spare equipment for athletes at the start
- other possible logistics involving meals, transportation, training maps, etc
Accreditation fees will be covered as well as accommodations and meals with the US Team. A small stipend may be available to help offset travel costs.
Please contact Erin Schirm, ESC Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org and/or Sandy Fillebrown at email@example.com if you are interested or have additional questions.